Please read in full when signing up.
In consideration of my child being permitted to participate in camps, classes, events and activities (collectively, “Events”) conducted and organized by Camp Velo LLC, I hereby agree as follows:
1. RULES: I, and any participating children, hereby agree to comply with all the rules and policies of Camp Velo LLC. Any failure to adhere to these rules may result in immediate dismissal from any Events without any right to a refund. These rules and policies can be found on the Camp Velo LLC website and are hereby included by reference. By signing below, I confirm that I have reviewed and understood the Rules and agree to comply with their terms.
2. EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT: I, individually and on behalf of any of my participating children, do acknowledge and recognize that Camp Velo LLC activities, including but not limited to operating or riding a bicycle, are potentially hazardous and high risk activities that may require strenuous exercise. I understand that participation in these events and activities may expose my child to the inherent risk of injury, death, and or property damage. I fully understand that Camp Velo LLC may take my participating children on bicycle routes and paths that could expose my child to automobile and foot traffic that could result in accidents and injuries, and I acknowledge that these risks of injury or death to my child cannot be removed or eliminated with respect to the activities and events. I represent that to the best of my knowledge, my participating children have no medical, physical and/or emotional health condition that could hinder or prevent her/his active participation in the activities or events in any way whatsoever. I, individually and on behalf of my spouse and participating children, acknowledge, understand and accept the risks of bodily and property injury related to the Events. I acknowledge and accept all known and unknown risks associated with my own participation, as well as that of my spouse and participating minor children, in events organized by Camp Velo LLC. I agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Camp Velo LLC, its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, property owners and any other representatives or agents, from any and all liabilities, demands, claims, costs, losses, damages, recoveries, expenses or settlements related to any injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to person or property that may occur as a result of my children’s participation in the events, including any damage to the bicycles or equipment that I provide for their use. This indemnity applies to any action or omission by Camp Velo LLC and/or its affiliates, regardless of whether it arises from their negligence, and whether or not it is due to the use of Camp Velo LLC facilities or equipment, improper maintenance, or their instruction or supervision.
3. INSURANCE: In case of emergency I hereby give permission to any medical personnel selected by Camp Velo LLC staff to secure treatment of my child. I understand and agree that my child must have health/medical and property insurance in effect throughout his/her participation in the Event, and that this insurance is primary. I acknowledge that Camp Velo LLC has not obtained insurance that would provide coverage to me or my child in the event of injury or property damage of any kind while participating in the Event.
4. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, SMALL CLAIMS, ARBITRATION: Camp Velo LLC and any of its affiliates will not be held liable for any loss, damage, or liability incurred by me or my children during their participation in Camp Velo LLC events, unless such claim is solely caused by the gross negligence or willful misconduct of Camp Velo LLC or its affiliates. Camp Velo LLC and its affiliates will not be responsible for any special, incidental, indirect, consequential, or punitive damages of any kind, even if they were informed of the possibility of such damages in advance. In no event shall Camp Velo LLC’s liability exceed the amount paid for my child’s participation in the event, regardless of the cause of the loss, damage, or liability.
Any disputes, claims or controversies arising from this Participant Agreement or my children’s participation in Camp Velo LLC events with a value of $5,000 or less will be resolved in the small claims court in the City and County of San Francisco, California. For disputes, claims or controversies exceeding $5,000, they will be resolved through binding arbitration pursuant to the terms of the Rules, which are hereby incorporated by reference.
5. HELMET RULES: I understand that California State Law (CVC 21212) requires that children must wear an approved helmet at all times while riding a bicycle. Camp Velo LLC DOES NOT PERMIT the use of helmets with decorative 3-D features (e.g., “mohawks,” ears, fins, etc.). Cameras, lights and similar equipment attached to helmets are used at my or my child’s own risk. Camp Velo LLC reserves the right to prohibit participation in any Event any registrant whose helmet does not appear to be in compliance with this law or policy or is in any way deficient, and there will be no entitlement to refund or credit. I assume full responsibility for providing my child with a helmet that corresponds with CVC and Camp Velo LLC requirements; if Camp Velo LLC personnel determine that my child’s helmet is not in compliance with the CVC or Camp Velo LLC policy or is in any way deficient, I authorize Camp Velo LLC to provide a new helmet for my child for which I will reimburse Camp Velo LLC the full purchase price plus a $20 convenience fee within five business days. Camp Velo LLC will incur no liability if it does not provide a helmet pursuant to this Section or if my child’s helmet does not comply with applicable law.
6. IMAGES: I hereby grant permission to Camp Velo LLC to use any photographs or videos taken of me or my child for any official Camp Velo LLC business purposes, including but not limited to Camp Velo LLC websites, newsletters, advertising materials, postcards, social media, and other related media and marketing materials. It is understood that these photographs or videos will only be used for official Camp Velo LLC business purposes and will not be used in any other forum. It is also agreed that no compensation will be provided to me or my child for the use of these photographs or videos.
7. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF UNDERSTANDING: I have read this Participant Agreement including the Camp Velo LLC Rules and the Express Assumption of Risk and Hold Harmless Agreement, fully understand all terms and provisions of the Agreement, and understand that I am giving up substantial rights, including the right to a jury in the event of any dispute. I acknowledge that I am agreeing to this Participant Agreement freely and voluntarily, and intend my registration to indicate a complete and unconditional release of liability to the greatest extent allowed by law.I have read and agree to all the terms and conditions set forth above.
8. GENERAL CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICIES
Policy Changes: In case of society-wide events beyond our control (e.g., pandemic, natural disaster, governmental action, etc.), we reserve the right to modify our stated refund policies if necessary to preserve our ability to operate in the present and future. Such modifications will be announced to all event participants and will supersede any previously-published refund policies.
Medical Cancellations: Registrants unable to participate in a program due to unforeseen medical conditions may be eligible for a refund less an administrative fee; a refund may be provided upon Camp Velo LLC receipt of a signed letter from the participant’s physician no less than five days before the camp session begins.
Erroneous Registration: Accidental registrations (e.g., signing up for the wrong program, wrong date, wrong skill level) may be refunded in full less an administrative fee if brought to our attention within 48 hours of the erroneous registration. Cancellation of an erroneous registration after 48 hours will be handled according to the policies listed below and program-specific policies if any.
Transfers: Changing to a class after you’ve registered is possible if space is available. Changing to a class that’s full will result in your name being placed on the waitlist in the order it was received – if space does not open in this case, no refund or credit will be provided.
Refunds: Written request (via email is acceptable) must be received fourteen or more days prior to the registered session for a refund, less a 20% administrative fee. If written request is received less than 14 days prior to the registered session, no refund will be made. Refunds will not be granted for absences, dismissal, or voluntary withdrawal from the class.
In case of weather-related or insufficient enrollment cancellation by Camp Velo LLC, a full refund will be provided.
If for some reason you need to cancel, please email: email@example.com and include the following information:
- Date and location of camp
- Name of Child/Camper registered for ccamp